While watching the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, Captain Barbossa was ordering his men around and it made me think about my daily walk at work. You see I walk around the strip mall that our store sets in almost every day. One of the reasons I do that is because it is simply good for me. In a study, published in the Journal of the American Heart Association, “those who moved more, especially if they [accumulated] an hour of physical activity over the course of the day, cut their mortality risk in half,” explains Gretchen Reynolds, author of The First 20 Minutes: Surprising Science Reveals How We Can Exercise Better, Train Smarter, Live Longer. The other reason I do it is there is trash everywhere and often it just keeps collecting there. One day I was walking by a big batch of trash thinking to myself, “why doesn’t someone pick that up? It looks so bad to the customers!” Then it hit me – “ummm… duh! you pick it up, Sill...
"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." T.S. Elliot I know I read that before and thought it many times while watching the Lord of the Ring movies. The idea of what does a good ending look like and what does a good start look like? I've come to the conclusion they are one of the same. One really can't have a good ending without a good beginning somewhere. "I open at the close" quote from the first snitch Harry Potter caught. This was a part of the beginning of the ends for Harry and for J.K. Rowling. An incredible series that it seemed no one wanted to end but it was such an awesome end and created so many memories I will never forget I know what a good ending looks like - Rowling gave that to everyone who read about Harry. But I've also had the privilege (more than once) of setting beside someones bed side who was saying good-bye to all of his loved ones as his body sl...
Wow! You’re Expensive! PACKAGING I understand. Our packaging prices are based on our estimates of the protection required for the contents of each box and the time and materials involved in achieving that protection. We may also vary our recommended packaging according to the shipping service we recommend. For instance, we may recommend a higher level of protection for a ground package than we would for an air or express package. Or we may recommend a higher level of protection for a package that is expected to take longer to arrive at its destination. Still, we can decrease our recommended level of packaging. Though you will probably pay less, overall, this decrease is at least partially offset by an increase in the cost of shipping, usually due to a larger box. The trade off is an increased risk of damage to your items. If you find the increased risk acceptable, we would be pleased to examine other packaging techniques for you. If you wish, we can pack your items for you, the...
Comments
Post a Comment